Tuesday, February 26, 2008

EVALUATION CRITERIA

- One key element that I wanted to emphasize was the “user-friendliness” of the game. I for one am not technically skillful in the complex modern games of today, so I wanted to make a game that even the most basic user can enjoy.

- The technical simplicity of the game will be offset by its incredible gameplay, story, and advanced graphics in order to maintain the more sophisticated audience. This way, I can retain the best of both audiences.

- The platform that I am basing the gameplay on is from the Lord of the Rings: Return of the King game for Xbox, Playstation 2, and Gamecube. What intrigued me the most about the game was the fact that it steered away from the first person shooter genre and allowed for hand to hand combat. This factor, plus the incredible story line, is what I intend to match and hopefully excel past.

- Also, I felt that it was important to include the widest range of players because I didn’t want to exclude somebody who wanted to play the game; for instance, the Halo trilogy. That is why I designed the game to fit both Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 units.

No comments: